301-AB-F WHMIS 2015: The Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals
- Edmonton, AB
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
This session will outline the purpose, scope and application of WHMIS 2015, what has transpired to date and how to implement WHMIS 2015 in Canada. Course content includes:
Purpose, Scope and Application of WHMIS 2015
- Benefits and Principles of Harmonization
- Classification of hazardous substances and mixtures
- Comparison of WHMIS 2015 against existing regulatory systems
- Hazard Communication: Labelling
- Hazard Communication: Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Physical Hazards
- Health Hazards
- Environmental Hazards
- WHMIS 2015 Implementation in Canada
- Resources/web links
Fee includes all handout materials and lunch. Please advise of any dietary restrictions.
Who should attend?
Plant Managers, Warehouse and Distribution Managers / Co-ordinators, Environmental Health & Safety Managers and Co-ordinators and R&D / Laboratory Personnel.
301-AB Course Info Sheet (77 KB)