LEHDER Safety Policy
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance to have a safe and healthy work environment for all workers and all other people affected by our business.
By creating a safe and healthy work place, we contribute to the long term success of not only LEHDER, but our employees and their families. Our commitment is to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks to all workers.
To maintain this policy, LEHDER will:
- Comply with or conform to all applicable safety regulations, legislation and standards;
- Co-operate with relevant Health and Safety agencies;
- Develop and implement safety policies and procedures which will be provided to all employees;
- Follow the practices outlined in all client Safety Manuals except where LEHDER’s policy is more stringent;
- Ensure that all employees are aware of the potential hazards in the workplace;
- Provide all workers with safety training specific to the hazards they may encounter both at LEHDER and in the field;
- Ensure that supervisors understand their responsibility for the health and safety of workers while in the office and the field;
Employees are responsible for their genuine cooperation with all aspects of the Health and Safety Program. Full compliance with the rules, regulations and safe practices while performing their duties is mandatory. All employees are encouraged to actively participate in ensuring the safety of themselves and others in the workplace.
LEHDER’s clients often require completion of a pre-qualification process prior to conducting work for their facilities. This typically includes submission of LEHDER’s Safety Policies and Procedures, insurance documentation and WSIB (Ontario) or WCB (Alberta) reports.
Many of our clients have enlisted the help of third party companies such as PICS and ISNetworld to carry out the pre-qualification process on their behalf. The client informs the contractor management company of the requirements they want their contractors to comply with from a Health and Safety performance and documentation perspective. Subsequently, the contractor management company collects the information, verifies its accuracy then grades the contractor and informs the client of the grade classification of various contractors.
LEHDER is a contractor member of the following contractor management companies:
- Contractor Qualification Network (formerly CanQual)
- Sarnia-Lambton Industrial Educational Cooperative - LEHDER has received a perfect score on our previous two Safety Management Assessments by the IEC.
LEHDER is proud of our outstanding health and safety performance and the dedication our employees demonstrate every day to work responsibly and safely.
Field Level Risk Assessment
The Field Level Risk Assessment form is completed by LEHDER personnel prior to conducting sampling. This form ensures that identified hazards at the site have been eliminated or controlled prior to commencing sampling. Please feel free to review LEHDER's Field Level Risk Assessment form.
The Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) for LEHDER are organized according to the location the product is used; Point Edward, Ontario or Edmonton, Alberta. Visit: www.lehdermsds.com
For more detailed information on LEHDER's comprehensive Safety Policy, please contact: